The Nashville area, known as a vital business hub of the South, boasts a population of over 1.4 million. This growth has opened up a wide spectrum of employment opportunities, bringing with it a broad based population which has created a unique research participant base upon which to draw. Computer based patient files store comprehensive data about disease entity, age, race, sex and other significant information on our research participants, allowing easy match-up of potential participants with study requirements.
Our recruitment efforts are broad based. In addition to patients within our own practice, potential research patients are reached through many avenues: Nashville's major weekly newspapers, radio stations, health fairs, community activities, physician referrals, and our multi-specialty physicians based practice population. We have our own trained representatives to answer and screen all calls. Our marketing strategies are continually monitored to document their effectiveness.
Site Advantages and Capabilities
- Our site has the ability to utilize a central IRB.
- We are a private research institute affiliated with a private practice and directly adjacent to a 541 bed acute care facility.
- Dr. Pruitt is Double-Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, has over 20 years of experience in clinical studies, and has served as Primary Investigator in over 350 clinical trials.
- We also have Investigators/Sub-Investigators in the areas of Rheumatology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Hepatology.
- We have a dedicated Site Director that handles contract, budget, regulatory, and other issues.
- Average study start-up time is 2 weeks.
- We conduct Phase Ib, IIa, IIb, III, and IV trials.
- We have full-time coordinators with over 10 years of experience.
- Our coordinators each have access to a personal computer with Windows XP and high-speed internet.
- Each of our coordinators has experience with Electronic Data Capture (EDC).
- Study coordinators promptly complete Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Our study coordinators are all SAF-T-PAK and IATA certified.
- All site staff follows Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and are HIPAA compliant.
- We have a computerized patient database.
- We have an on-site centrifuge, ECG machine, temperature-monitored refrigerator and freezer, and double-locked drug storage with Min/Max record keeping.
- We have a dedicated monitoring room with easy access to high-speed internet, telephone, fax machine, and copy machine.